The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet plan was created with the intention to produce the greatest but the safest possible fat loss in 25 days, without metabolic slowdown or muscle depletion.
Then, after a 4-week interval on a more moderate plan, it can be resumed again and again in cycles, until you reach your goals.
Despite the name, the plan is also very much about working out, fasting, cheating days, and above all, keeping your metabolic rate high for optimal fat loss.
Who Is The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Plan For?
The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet may suit men or women who want rapid fat loss results but in a safe and controlled way. The blueprint includes workouts and days of a calorie deficit and calorie loading to work together for the best effect.
While it is good that a fat loss program includes workouts as an integral part of its fat loss strategy, this makes it also unsuitable for those who do not want to work out or simply want to have a sensible, moderate diet plan to lose weight progressively.
Not only that, but the calorie deficit and calorie loading protocol, while may work well for healthy individuals for the short term, maybe it’s not the best solution for people with health issues or in the senior stage of life.
Just as the name implies, this is admittedly an “extreme” fat loss protocol. While not a starvation diet, the calorie cycle structure and the workouts may be too much for some people.
The program looks good and makes sense for healthy and young people and is also promoted for senior people, but if you are not so young anymore, or with health problems or no fitness experience, it may not be the best solution for you.
To be on the safe side, consult your doctor first, and take this review for informational purposes only.
How Does It Work?
The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet is really a one-of-a-kind fat loss program that should really be thought of as a full fitness plan, albeit geared toward fat loss because workouts are an essential part of the blueprint, without which it would lose its effectiveness.
If you are looking for a “diet only” kind of plan, then this one may not be ideal for you. But if you are willing to put in the extra work, you will find that the Extreme Fat Loss plan is a clever program well designed to avoid metabolic slowdown and in fact even increase it for fast and safe results.
For this to happen, each and every aspect of the program must work together with the others in order to create an exponential result that is more than the simple sum of its parts.
The downside is that if you neglect even just one of its strategic parts you’ll end up nullifying its effectiveness.
This means that there is a precise protocol to follow and you need to stick to it, but it’s not too complicated and in fact, it even includes pleasant parts like cheat days.
Unlike other plans who also offer cheat days as a “relief” method to get you sticking to the schedule, the Xtreme Fat Loss cheat days MUST be implemented because designed to boost metabolism and spur fat loss, not just to please your taste buds.
Also, the workouts are not optional but an integral part of this program, as they are in place to increase your metabolic.
The XFLD Synergy Triangle – What Is It?
The plan is centered around the idea of triangulation of 3 main steps working in synchrony for maximum effect and organized in 5 mini-cycles of 5 days each for a total of 25 days.
Each mini cycle is the foundation of the program and you repeat it until the end of the program. During this cycle you need to adhere to 3 specific criteria in a certain order in order to kick off your metabolism, these are:
This is the start of the strategy. Before you even consider working out and carbs loading, you must force your body into a short-term calorie deficit so that it depletes its glycogen and gets the message that the only source of energy available is in your fat storage.
Of course, this is meant just for a short, calculated time similar to brief fasting so that your metabolic rate will stay still high while you start burning fat. This phase sets your body up and makes it more responsive to the following phase.
The idea is to reprogram your body to burn fat first, creating a great calorie deficit for sustained fat loss. Without a food source, your body must use its own fat for energy, breaking off its dependency on carbohydrates.
As an added bonus, your insulin and energy levels become steady without the typical spikes of carbs and sugar dependency. So far so good.
Multi-Functional Cheat Days
This is probably the most enticing part of the plan. Here you actually MUST eat calorie-rich foods and treats. Your body’s reaction to this sudden surge of calories after the deprivation days will be an increase in fat-burning hormones and a high metabolic rate.
On these cheat days, you are allowed to indulge in most forbidden foods, the reason being that no metabolic slow down is possible this way, instead, your body is primed to burn fat even more than before because of the previous depletion days.
Strategic Exercise Implementation
Enter the workouts. These workouts are mandatory, even though the program allows for flexibility to adjust them to your current fitness level.
The workouts will add to your body the extra stimulus required for maximum fat-burning and even for muscle gain when done in conjunction with the depletion and cheat days. They are there to increase your metabolic rate even higher and burn fat faster.
The strategy is well designed and effective but also taxing on your system and not for everyone. This is why the author recommends stopping after 25 days. You can then relax on a less “extreme” plan for 4 weeks and then start again as required.
About Dan Long And Shaun Hadsall
A Google search will churn out a fair amount of information about the two authors. Dan Long is a long-standing fitness coach to professional athletes and people from all walks of life.
He is based in Tampa, Florida, and is the owner of the “Kill Mode Training Company”, as well as being one of the best authorities in “suspension training”, that kind of bodyweight workouts done with suspension straps like TRX, and author of best-selling suspension training blueprint called Suspension Revolution, of which you can read a review here.
He has been featured on Fox Television Network, ABC News, local Florida newspapers and mags, and radio programs, as well as doing charity work and fundraising for the Children’s Cancer Center of Tampa.
Likewise, Shaun Hadsall is a fitness professional with experience in unusual fat loss strategies. He also appeared in fitness magazines, TV, and radio shows and was featured on ESPN as a spokesperson for EAS supplements.
In 1998 Hadsall was a 1st Runner-up Grand Champion in Bill Phillips’s Body For LIFE contest. This led to him being voted America’s “Most Fit” Health & Fitness Pro by Club Solutions Magazine in 2008. He also owned and operated a franchise of Fitness Together.
Xtreme fat Loss Diet PDF And Components
This is a complete program with tons of material. It is a fully digital plan immediately accessible on purchase which includes 10 components, 7 regular manuals plus 3 bonuses.
The Main Components
- The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Manual – The main part of the program with the basic information on the diet structure for the whole 25-day cycle with food lists, telling you what to eat and when. The manual includes charts and tables.
- The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet Training Manual contains highly targeted workouts designed to spur fat loss every day of the cycle. The exercises are designed to go hand in hand with the diet protocol for maximum results.
- The Workout Log Sheets – Useful printable charts to keep track of each step of the plan, so you do not need to guess what’s coming next. These charts make it difficult to lose your way into the program even if you have a hectic lifestyle or are traveling, very useful if your job takes you to different places.
- The Success Journal – These are actually charts to keep track of your progress. This way you can keep an organized daily and weekly log of your improvements and cross-check them with the expected results. This recording method helps you quickly identify what you are doing right and where you need to pay more attention.
- The Supplementation Guide – Supplements are totally optional for this program, but should you choose to make use of some of them, the authors have organized a list of the effective ones worth your money.
- The XFLS Cliffs Notes – This is a rapid reference booklet that saves you from going through the main manuals when you need to look for something. Rather than sifting through tons of materials, these quick reference notes will give you the answer in a fraction of time.
- The XFLD Quick-Start Checklist – This is an essential, stripped-down version of the main manuals to get you started immediately without getting lost in the main program which you can read at your own pace later. It contains a detailed step-by-step, itemized checklist to set you up before you start, like a pre-flight inspection before take-off.
- The Fastest Fat Loss Week EVER – This booklet is an ancillary protocol designed to make you safely lose the greatest possible amount of fat in as little as 7 days. The author claims it is the most strategic quick fat loss strategy ever developed, which is a bit redundant since the regular protocol is quick and extreme enough.
- The 7 Day Spot Reduction Solution – This manual allegedly offers you a spot fat loss blueprint. Not very convincing, as there is not such a thing as spot reduction. The authors claim that these spot reduction techniques are scientifically proven, but fail to provide references for them.
- The 7 Day Xtreme Fat Flush – Again, another 7-day blueprint, this time for a detox. Allegedly, an all-natural food solution to help you purify your body, reducing inflammation, and cleansing your liver. The purpose of this detox blueprint is to flush out the “trapped” fat cells.
The Bottom Line
The Xtreme Fat Loss program is a well-structured plan for quick but safe fat loss structured in short cycles that prevent the onset of slow metabolism.
Instead, it is designed to keep your metabolism high with a clever strategy of calorie depletion, calorie loading, and workouts.
If you want to lose as much fat as possible but avoid crush diet effects like slow metabolic rate, weight rebounds, and muscle loss, this plan may work well for you in the short term.
It cannot be sustained continuously because of its taxing nutritional and workout design and requires layoffs and cycling with different, more gentle plans. Because of this, it may also be NOT indicated for people in poor health, unfit, or in advanced age.
My name is Deborah Foster and I am a Weight Loss Coach with a background in Nutrition Coaching and Personal Training. I specialize in helping women and men break through the yo-yo diet cycle and lose weight for good, without being miserable in the process.