Wake Up Lean is a weight loss plan for men and women designed to be as simple as possible for anyone who tried losing weight before but cannot stick to any program, does not have enough time or thinks he/she is too old to succeed.
This review of Wake Up Lean will reveal you how the program works and what the benefits, pros and cons are.
What Is Wake Up Lean?
How Does It Work Exactly?
The program name is a nod to the detoxing and slimming effect of the plan that allegedly has you waking up in the morning lighter, with a smaller belly and losing up to 1lb a day, or 5 lb a week approximately, by simply avoiding few allegedly “healthy” foods that are supposed to help you but really do just the opposite.
The blueprint is presented as a belly slimming plan for men and women, but it really targets all excess body fat, not just local fat. Most importantly, it is designed to be implemented without the need for long workouts at all and in the shortest possible time.
In fact, the program lasts for just 10 days, one of the shortest time frames of any plan out there, and it is structured in the simplest possible way, without any calorie counting or the need for marathon workout routines.
You should also read my Cinderella Solution review for comparison.
The idea is that once you reach 40 your body starts accumulating these so called “inflammation enzymes” because of the wear and tear on your body.
What happens is that your fat cells actually lock this inflammation in a self fueling pattern, where they actually encourage even more fat storing rather than fat burning.
Apparently, 86% of men and women over 40 are affected by a chemical warfare within their bodies that prevents them from burning fat properly. The author backs up her claims with the findings of Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, a professor in the Departments of Aging and Geriatrics and Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Florida.
Blood Vessel Burnout
According to Meredith, 99% of men and women over 40 suffer from “Blood Vessel Burnout”, which allegedly interferes with the ability of your body to burn fat. The idea that the blood vessels play a role in your fat burning capabilities is not new.
The author of Wake Up Lean offers another back up, Dr. Jame’ Heskett. Apparently, your blood vessels get smaller and weaker as you age. As a consequence, blood flow become restricted, limiting your body ability to burn fat. What happens is that the fatty acids have no room to go between the cells and around your blood vessels and end up stuck into your fat cells.
What the author says is that as you age it becomes more and more problematic to get rid of toxins and inflammation, which get locked into your fat cells and become the primary reason why people have more and more trouble losing fat as they grow older.
This may be true, but also life style plays a crucial role and a healthy diet and exercise prevent the onset of fat deposits, so the inflammation and the blood vessels theory may be just half the story. Still, it is an interesting approach and an extra knowledge for fat loss management.
Wake Up Lean Diet Guidelines
The program also stresses the importance to avoid common mistakes that typically frustrate any attempt to losing weight. These are:
- Constant Snacking – Sounds obvious, and it is. Still, this is the main reason why people fail at any diet. Refrigerators and counters are always around the corner. What happens is that snacks, especially sugary ones, lead to a never ending dependency on more sugars and calories for energy. As long as you do not give your body an incentive to use its own body fat for energy, it never will.
- Long Workouts – The plan takes a strong stance against long, high impact workouts because they stress your joints and organs and may actually interfere with your ability to lose fat, with opposite results of what you expected. Instead, the program relies on a natural approach, fat burning cycles and foods to avoid.
- Traditional Dieting – Regular diets are prone to fail because they are based on strict calorie deficit which negatively impacts your metabolism. While a certain amount of calorie restriction must be in place, your body must also keep receiving all the nutrients it needs to keep its metabolism high enough to keep burning your extra fat from your body. As always, too much of a good thing is never a good thing. Balance is the key.
The Selenium Trick
About Meredith Shirk
The program is the creation of Meredith Shirk, California’s top Fitness Nutritional Specialist and a real and genuine author.
The idea to create the program came to Meredith thanks to a chance leisure trip to the Jungles of Panama with her husband.
While there, she witnessed first hand how lean and youthful the locals were, they all seemed to belie their years. Upon investigation she realized that there was something in their diet that put them at an advantage.
As the story goes, the locals were making use of natural evergreen leaves that naturally contained key nutrients and minerals that seemed to keep them all lean and youthful.
Back home, she started re-creating the same environment of minerals and nutrients with some of her clients with very positive results. Being already involved in fitness, she then resolved to put her newly found knowledge into a viable blueprint.
The Wake Up Lean PDF And Components
Wake Up Lean comes in digital format only, meaning there are no home deliveries involved. You can get the program online through a download link. The program components are 3:
- Wake Up Lean – 10 Day Flat Belly Blueprint for men and women – This is a 10-day blueprint designed around your fat-burning cycles, which do not require calorie counting.
- 5-Minute Lean Body Bursts
- 24-Hour Fat Flushing Protocol