Wake Up Lean is a weight loss plan for men and women designed to be as simple as possible for anyone who tried losing weight before but cannot stick to any program, does not have enough time, or thinks they are too old to succeed.
This review of Wake Up Lean will reveal how the program works and the benefits, pros, and cons.
What Is Wake Up Lean?
What Does The Program Teach?
The program name is a nod to the detoxifying and slimming effect of the plan. You wake up in the morning light with a smaller belly and expect to lose up to 1lb a day, or 5 lb a week approximately.
The key is avoiding a few so-called “healthy” foods that are supposed to help you but do just the opposite.
Toned In Ten is presented as a belly-slimming plan for men and women, but it really targets all excess body fat, not just local fat. Most importantly, it is designed to be implemented without the need for long workouts at all and in the shortest possible time.
Wake Up Lean Nutrition
Wake Up Lean Workouts
The workouts are contained in the 5-Minute Bursts part of the program. It’s a collection of 10 workout videos performed by the author Meredith Shirk and all it takes to do them in, you guessed it, 5 minutes.
Rather than wasting time on slow, boring cardio, Wake Up Lean goes the way of time-efficiency with quick-flow, bodyweight exercises that raise your metabolism and are gentle on your joints.
You can perform these workouts anywhere, at home or in a park, and the author recommends starting the day with one of these workouts to set you up on the right foot.
You should also read my Cinderella Solution review for comparison.
Wake Up Lean Basic Guidelines
The program also stresses the importance of avoiding common mistakes that typically frustrate any attempt to losing weight. These are:
- Constant Snacking – Sounds obvious, and it is. Still, this is the main reason why people fail at any diet. Refrigerators and pantries are always around the corner. What happens is that snacks, especially sugary ones, lead to a never-ending dependency on more sugars and calories for energy. As long as you do not give your body an incentive to use its body fat for energy, it never will.
- Long Workouts – The plan takes a strong stance against long, high-impact workouts because they stress your joints and organs and may interfere with your ability to lose fat, with opposite results of what you expected. Instead, Wake Up Lean relies on a natural approach, fat-burning cycles, and foods to avoid.
- Traditional Dieting – Regular diets are prone to fail because they are based on a severe calorie deficit, negatively impacting your metabolism. While a certain amount of calorie restriction must be in place, your body must also keep receiving all the nutrients it needs to keep its metabolism high enough to keep burning your extra fat from your body. As always, too much of a good thing is never a good thing. Balance is the key.
The Selenium Trick
The Diet Strategy
While many diet programs hinge on calorie counting or restrictions of some sort to achieve a significant weight loss, Wake Up Lean tackles the problem from an inflammation and blood vessel standpoint, namely “inflammation enzymes” and “blood vessel burnout.”
The idea of the program is to detox and reset your body from bad nutritional habits and the harmful chemicals contained in processed food, both the origins of chronic inflammation and bloating that lead to a self-fueling cycle of weight gain.
The idea is that once you reach 40, your body starts accumulating these “inflammation enzymes” because of the wear and tear on your body.
What happens is that your fat cells lock this inflammation in a self-fueling pattern, where they encourage even more fat-storing rather than fat burning.
86% of men and women over 40 are affected by chemical warfare within their bodies that prevents them from burning fat properly. The author backs up her claims with the findings of Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, a professor in the Departments of Aging and Geriatrics and Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Florida.
Blood Vessel Burnout
According to Meredith, 99% of men and women over 40 suffer from “Blood Vessel Burnout,” which allegedly interferes with the ability of your body to burn fat. The idea that the blood vessels play a role in your fat-burning capabilities is not new.
The author of Wake Up Lean offers another backup study, Dr. Jame’ Heskett’s. Your blood vessels get smaller and weaker as you age. As a consequence, blood flow becomes restricted, limiting your body’s ability to burn fat.
What happens next is that the fatty acids have no room to go between the cells and around your blood vessels and end up stuck into your fat cells.
The author says that, as you age, it becomes more and more problematic to get rid of toxins and inflammation, which get locked into your fat cells and become the primary reason people have more and more trouble losing fat as they grow older.
This may be true, but lifestyle plays a crucial role, and a healthy diet and exercise prevent the onset of fat deposits, so the inflammation and the blood vessels theory may be just half the story. Still, it is an exciting approach and extra knowledge in your arsenal for fat loss management.
About Meredith Shirk
The program is the creation of Meredith Shirk (check her YouTube channel), California’s top Fitness Nutritional Specialist and a genuine author.
The idea to create the program came to Meredith thanks to a chance leisure trip to the Jungles of Panama with her husband.
While there, she witnessed firsthand how lean and youthful the locals were. They all seemed to belie their years. Upon investigation, she realized that there was something in their diet that put them at an advantage.
As the story goes, the locals used natural evergreen leaves that naturally contained vital nutrients and minerals that seemed to keep them all lean and youthful.
Back home, she started re-creating the same minerals and nutrients with some of her clients with very positive results. Being already involved in fitness, she then resolved to put her newfound knowledge into a viable blueprint.
Wake Up Lean Pros And Cons
- It was created by a top nutritional expert and coach with a lot of experience.
- It is ideal for everyone, men and women.
- No calorie counting is necessary. Instead, you reset your body’s response to fat-burning through the elimination of inflammation.
- Very affordable, for $15, you get all the meal plans, ingredients, and recipes, plus the HD workout classes.
- Fast-acting. The healthy diet plan sets you up for a quick boost in metabolism.
- It reduces chronic inflammation and bloating.
- As healthy as it gets. No gimmicks; you get a healthy nutritional blueprint that you can stick to well after the ten days of the program are over (allow 2-4 days before starting again).
- Quick and convenient workouts. Five minutes and you are off for the day.
- No need for equipment.
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Only available online, no physical videos or hard copies are sold for those who like them as of the time of this review.
Wake Up Lean Program Components
Wake Up Lean comes in digital format only, meaning there are no home deliveries involved. You can get the program online through download links. The program components are 3:
- Wake Up Lean – 10 Day Flat Belly Blueprint for men and women – This is a 10-day blueprint designed around your fat-burning cycles, which do not require calorie counting.
- 5-Minute Lean Body Bursts
- 24-Hour Fat Flushing Protocol
Wake Up Lean FAQs
How Fast Can I see Results?
Because of its detoxifying effect, you start feeling better immediately. However, you need to wait for 7 to 10 days before noticing the visual effects, usually a 3 to 5 pounds weight loss.
Who Is Wake Up Lean Suitable For?
This program is for everyone with no restrictions of age or gender. However, the older you are, the more beneficial because it reduces and eliminates the root cause of weight gain as you get older, which is chronic inflammation.
How Does It Work?
Wake Up Lean works through a combination of nutritional guidelines and brief, bodyweight workouts. In particular, it turns off the inflammation enzymes, the stress sensors, and the hunger hormones while activating your natural fat-burning capabilities.
Where Is It Shipped?
Wake Up Lean is instantly available online upon purchase globally; there is no need to wait for shipping.
Is It A recurring Payment?
Nope. You only pay $15 once. There are no hidden fees or recurring payments.
What About A Guarantee?
Wake Up Lean offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Deborah loves keeping fit and staying so for life. She’s been training for the last 12 years and has a simple goal: making it as simple as possible for women to find out about the best training and dieting methods for their goals.