VFX Body Summary$37.00
Weight Loss Effectiveness9.0/10
Testimonials And Results10.0/10
- Progressive approach to losing fat – lose just fat, not muscle.
- Helpful online Immersion Community to help you stay focused while being encouraged and supported.
- Flexible workout program – It can be implemented at home or at a gym.
- Online workout videos to explain in detail what words or pictures alone cannot.
- Good, solid nutritional plan detailing the foods to avoid and those good to eat.
- Physical Format also available – Same price as digital plus handling and shipping.
- 60-day money back guarantee.
- Not a quick fix – It requires discipline, time and dedication. So if you are looking for a dramatic fat loss in 2 week time just before your beach vacation, this is not for you.
VFX Body is a women-only program designed for sustainable fat loss. It is a sound and genuine fat loss protocol based on good old fashioned calorie deficit without gimmicks, pills and unrealistic expectations. It does not dispense false hopes but it gives a robust 12-week blueprint, a time frame long enough for substantial results.
VFX Body comes in a basic format plus the option of several extra tools like the Immersion community for maximum benefit. The nutritional and workout life style promoted in this program is designed eventually to deliver a complete body recomposition for the long run, resulting in a lean and feminine physique.
This review will turn this program inside out with its pros and cons so that you can have an informed opinion about it.
Who Is The VFX Body For?
VFX Body is a program designed for women from all walks of life, from busy moms to business professionals, without the need for pills, powders or potions.
It is suitable for women who want to take up a healthy life style rather than find a quick-fix solution before a beach vacation.
While the core of the program is based on nutritional guidelines, there is also an optional workout section that, while not mandatory, is highly recommended.
VFX Body is particularly suitable for those women who have tried hard losing weight before but failed and regained what they lost through unsustainable plans or fad diets.
John Barban’s program is not a fad but is based on rock solid foundations that can only lead to success. However, the plan also requires discipline for optimal outcomes.
What Is It?
This is the marketing part of the program. VFX stands for “visual effects”, an idiom taken from the Hollywood and movie industry to indicate the goal of the program: a visually appealing physique, a fit, toned and feminine body.
This is because the focus of VFX Body is on reshaping your whole body through recomposition rather than simply generic body weight loss.
The system itself is designed to work on a 12 week diet foundation, which can be complemented with the workout plan, optional but recommended to boost metabolism and accelerate results.
How Does It Work?
The program is based on tried and tested foundations that may not sound as exciting as some gimmicky fad diets you may come across, but do work very well.
The bottom line is that it is the total amount of calories you consume that will determine whether you will succeed or not. Forget about fat burning foods, food pairing, strategic meal timing, or whatever trick you may have tried before.
At the end of the day, total calories in VS total calories out is what will determine your success. According to the program guidelines, you can only force your body to dig into its own fat reserves when it is in a state of calorie deficit, that is when you are consuming less calories than your body needs to operate.
However, VFX Body is also a realistic and flexible plan, in that it does not promote relentless dieting day in and day out, but it takes into account regular pitfalls that come across in your weight loss journey.
You may have occasional cheat days, or refeed days, or simply maintenance days when your total calorie burn matches your total calorie intake without any appreciable loss or gain.
What is important for the plan is the long term goal, never mind the occasional treat, it is the total calories in the long run that are important for your body fat loss, and not the specific foods or the occasional feast you may have here and there.
In other words, the VFX Body is a sound program but it requires discipline for it to succeed, as for everything in life there is no quick fix to rapid results.
However, the program is also well structured and comes with a set of tools to help you keep motivated and on track. Below a quick rundown of the tools in the program.
The VFX Body Tools
VFX Virtual Nutritionist
This is a custom nutritional software designed to maximize fat loss. The idea behind it is that different women have different ways to burn fat depending on their personal circumstances, so the VFX Body program customizes these different needs with the help of this application.
With few inputs it tells you exactly what you should eat depending on you height, body fat, shoulder width, and waist to height ratio.
A very good point is that as you lose fat, the Virtual Nutritionist recalculates your calorie needs, which means you can actually eat more as you drop weight in line with the “reverse taper” principle: the fatter you are, the less you must eat, the slimmer you get, the more you can eat until you reach a balance maintenance point.
The VFX Nutritional Program Manual
This is a PDF manual designed to go hand in hand with the Virtual Nutritionist application and together make up the fat loss part of the program.
The book explains how body composition is critical in determining how your body looks, rather than just focusing on body weight.
The key here is to achieve a low body fat with a moderate amount of muscle in the right places for an aesthetically pleasing and functional physique.
John Barban’s PDF goes to great lengths in listing which foods should be avoided like the plague in order to prevent storing fat in the first place.
The VFX Body nutritional part is organized in a 12 week structure and goes hand in hand with the Virtual Nutritionist Software to laser target your calories, meals and meal times. The 12 weeks are in turn broken down in 2 week mini cycles for a total of 6 mini cycles.
Each mini cycle is different from the others, constantly switching calorie intake and food composition, from low calorie to higher calorie and vice versa, and from carbohydrates to fats and vice versa.
The meal plans section of the manual is highly detailed and leaves nothing to chance. There are 10 different meal plans calculated for each daily total calorie intake plan, which is then split into 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks per day.
This means that you first find out what is your total calorie daily requirement with the help of the book and the application, then you have 10 different meal plans to choose from for your daily calorie requirements.
We have to say that the VFX diet leaves no room for error and prevents boredom in the meal planning department.
The VFX Workout Video Library
Diet alone if properly implemented in a regular, progressive way can help you achieve great results. In addition, you can throw in working out to maximize your results, improving your body composition, appearance and functionality by adding a moderate amount of lean, sexy muscle in the right places.
A little extra muscle has the added bonus of naturally increasing your basal metabolic rate even while at rest, helping you burn unwanted fat even more.
The VFX Workout Routines
The workout program is the natural complement to the 12 week diet program and it offers an extra edge to women who really want to go all the way in reshaping their body composition and appearance.
This part of the program is very flexible, you can exercises at home with basic tools like barbells and dumbbells, or just a bench and a mat, starting from just 1 set per exercise, then increasing upward to your levels of fitness.
All the information is included in the workout PDF manual, and in case you need clarifications on the execution of the exercises, the programs also offers access to 143 videos to leave no room for error.
This is a big plus bonus. Knowing how to correctly perform the exercises is paramount to prevent injury and to guarantee effective workouts and results.
Regardless of workout volume, this 12 week program is in turn split into 3 cycles of 4 weeks each in order to prevent stagnation and stimulate growth of lean muscle.
In our opinion, working out should be always part of a fat loss regimen because it helps boost metabolism and improve body tissue composition, increasing lean muscle and helping burn fat even more.
Another good point of these workout routines is that they can be performed at home, so you do not need a gym membership, unless you want. The basic cycle is then followed by a “Final Phase’ to finish off the previous hard work for best results.
These routines are high intensity workouts and similar to body weight circuits. Here is a sample list:
- Bowler Squat
- Push Ups
- Lateral Raises
- Dumbbell Rows
- Side Planks
- Curtsy Lunges
- Step Up And Press
The VFX Body Immersion Community
This is probably the best of all the VFX Body tools. John Barban’s program offers a handy social community called Immersion. This is a social hub for all the VFX Body members offering nutrition software, personalized workouts, additional coaching, podcasts, trackers, elite community areas and mobile applications.
Here participants are encouraged to show their results, give suggestions and tips to other members and help each other with descriptions of their achievements and podcasts of their stories.
The community is a key factor for the success of the VFX Body program because it promotes support and sense of belonging while keeping members accountable for their progress in a friendly way.
The VFX Immersion community is designed to keep its members focused on losing fat, building a little muscle and reshaping their bodies, keeping them motivated and preventing from falling behind or dropping out.
In the VFX Immersion you can also find tools like:
- Uncensored podcasts
- Bi-weekly (recorded) coaching by John Barban
- Workout of the month (to avoid staleness)
- Natural Standard supplement database to know what works (few) and what does not (most).
What Makes VFX Body Different?
Here are the original points that we liked:
- Uniqueness – What is unique of this program is that it is completely customizable and flexible to suit any woman’s needs and personal circumstances.
- Diet Management – The nutrition part is very well laid out and based on proven calorie deficit ideas. It goes in great details on how to manage your diet plans, how many calories, which foods to eat and which ones to avoid like the plague, even some alleged healthy foods.
- Easy Workout Implementation – The videos are excellent. No need to join a gym, unless you want to, you only need basic equipment. It is also very flexible because you can perform anything from one to more sets per exercise, depending of your fitness levels and goals.
- Software Accuracy – It leaves all the guesswork out. The VFX Body offers its own gizmo to calculate the calories you need depending on your weight and body proportions.
- Social Element– The social part of this program is very helpful. It is one thing following a program on your own without reference, another in the company of other women with the very same weight loss issue. Support and friendly competition can make the difference between modest and outstanding results.
About The Author
VFX Body is the creation of John Barban, a best selling weight loss author and fitness expert with a degree in Nutrition and Human Biology from the University of Guelph and additional studies at the University of Florida, where he was a teacher in Health and Human performance.
He also has worked in the supplement industry but found his vocation in researching and developing workout and diet programs, mainly focusing on female weight loss with plans backed up by real life results and scientific evidence.
The VFX fat loss system for female weight management was born out of necessity in order to reflect women’s different response to diet and exercise than men’s and create a specific program for them.
VFX Body Components Summary
A quick overview on the VFX Body components:
- VFX Fat Loss System – A PDF manual with all the information on diet protocol, food menu, meal plans, calories and the rate of weight loss.
- VFX Fat Burning And Muscle Toning Workout – A PDF manual with all exercises and workout cycles explained.
- VFX Workout Videos – 143 exercise demonstrations for better implementation.
- VFX Virtual Nutritionist – An application that calculates calories and projected body measurements to a very high level of accuracy.
- VFX Immersion- A social community for help and feedback.
What Are The Program Formats?
- Digital – The program offers PDF downloads, online videos, online login community and software, it is compatible with all devices, desktops, notebooks/laptops, iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and tablets and it is instantly available upon $37 payment all inclusive.
- Physical – The program is delivered to your door at the same price ($37) plus handling and shipping costs. Also you get the digital version for free immediately while you wait for delivery of the physical item.
Unlike other fat loss fads, the VFX Body program is based on solid foundations for long term results. Its goal is reducing fat while keeping and toning lean muscle in order to achieve a better body composition and shape. It also gives blueprints and tools for dieting and exercising.
However, the this program is not a quick fix and it requires commitment and discipline for optimal results. It has been successfully used by thousands of women and boasts of a large catalogue of satisfied customers.
It is based on a sound diet and workout protocol with the addition of helpful applications, videos and community for optimal results.
VFX Body also allows for flexibility in order to make the program more realistic to stick to. This key factor coupled with the sound nutritional protocol and the other components makes it an effective fat loss program for women designed for long term results, providing you stick to the plan for at least 12 weeks.