Thomas DeLauer’s Adaptive Body Boost is a fat loss plan that claims to help you burn fat in a more efficient way by increasing fat consumption in your diet. The rationale is that fats release a higher caloric output per unit, giving you up to 30% more energy, as they are the preferred source of fuel at cellular level.
Once your body is used to running on a higher fat intake and you apply a calorie deficit, it has no choice but keep burning fat for energy from your own fat storage.
The plan is all about priming your body on relying more on fats and less on carbs or proteins for energy in order to use your body fat as fuel, thus improving your body composition.
Fats advocated in this protocol include the famously good ones like Omega 3 oil, fish oil and olive oil, but also the supposedly “bad” ones like butter, cheese and bacon fats or meat fats (with measure), all the yummy stuff that is normally considered best avoided.
Here you will find out how this program works, whether it is suitable for anyone and what the pros and cons are.
About Thomas DeLauer
Thomas DeLauer is a fitness author, personal trainer and entrepreneur that made of fitness and health his own life style.
He is well known for his presence on many top fitness magazine covers like Muscle and Performance, Iron Man and Natural Muscle, where he displays an impressive physique that is the epitome of health and fitness.
However, he had to work very hard to get there, as his starting point was that of a grossly overweight young guy working a corporate job and tipping the scale at 280lbs.
Through determination, trial and error he succeeded to trim down to a jacked and ripped 185lbs, finding correct methods for fat loss and fitness along the way, for himself and his clients.
He is best known for his contribution to the inflammation aspect of modern diet with all its processed foods and sugars, the result of which is his other master plan Organic Health Protocol, of which you can read the review here.
It was Headley that made him aware of the foods accountable for chronic inflammation, helping him lose 70lb and his wife 25lb. Thomas DeLauer also has a large online presence, with accounts on YouTube, FaceBook and his personal website.
The bottom line is that Thomas DeLauer is an established authority in the health, fitness and nutrition industry and is qualified to dispense advice on these topics.
How Does The Adaptive Body Boost Work?
The program is straightforward with a manual covering the main theory and details, plus a dedicated video library (more on this later). The theory starts on the premise that while so called healthy foods are all good and well, there is no need to demonize other supposedly unhealthy foods that the health industry warns you against.
This is due to the ability of your body to “adapt” to any dietary regimen, be it based on carbs, proteins or fats. The point the author makes sounds counter intuitive because fats contain 9 calories/gram while carbs and proteins just 4.
Therefore, fats are very much calorie dense and should make you fatter, not slimmer. But here is the conundrum: through study, research and the help of his friend doctor he pinpointed a crucial factor about fats.
At cellular level, fats are highly beneficial and help release a lot more energy than carbs and proteins as the mitochondria work better on fats.
Fats And Ketosis Strategy
Adaptive Body Boost is a fat loss plan designed for those who want a simple but effective strategy to burn their fat off while keeping their lean muscle on, without complicated calorie counting and meal planning.
It is suitable for those who seek a long term approach to diet and nutrition and not a quick fix before a beach vacation.
Since the plan is simple in its implementation, it is also ideal for those with a busy life style who do not have the time to follow complicated steps in order to lose weight and instead want a simple nutritional path to follow wherever they are or whatever they are doing.
Adaptive Body Boost is based on sound scientific references and studies and is the work of a reputable author, and the benefits of fat consumption and ketosis for fat loss have long been discussed in many studies.
However, it may be a too extreme approach for someone with a particular condition, making this plan not suitable for everyone.
The Adaptive Body Boost Contents
The program comes in digital format without home deliveries. Instead, you get immediate access to a main manual and a video library, like so:
Main PDF Manual – The foundation of the plan with accurate descriptions of what you are supposed to eat, with all the macro-nutrients, facts and meal planning. It contains also a guide to vitamins and workout routines, which are also shown in the videos for better reference, and useful tips by the author. Here is a quick breakdown of the main topics.
- How the body works.
- Dangers of chronic inflammation.
- Food addiction and how it affects your health.
- The best and worst of fats.
- Why fasting is often used for health therapy.
- Portion sizes.
- Why your daily weight fluctuates.
- Muscle building.
- How to recover from a workout.
- How metabolism, insulin, fats, carbohydrates contribute to your weight loss.
- Water consumption.
- Meal plans.
The Video Library – A collection of 7 videos divided into topics like this:
- Introduction to Ketosis.
- How Ketosis Works.
- The Keto/Low Carb Flu.
- How Much Protein.
- What about the Carbs?
- Cheat Meals.
The Benefits Of Adaptive Body Boost
- Author with established authority and fantastic credentials. Thomas DeLauer knows his stuff and has already helped scores of people get rid of inflammation, lose fat and get stronger.
- Solid plan based on scientific evidence. Eat fats to burn fat is a proven method based on ketosis that has been around for a while. Adaptive Body Boost provides the correct blueprint for implementing ketosis in the most effective way, preventing trail and errors or mistakes.
- Program dead-easy to follow. The instructional videos and nutritional guidelines are simple to implement, making this plan attractive for those who dislike complicated programs.
- Delicious foods allowed and even recommended: cheese, bacon and fat from meat no longer a forbidden zone.
- Suitable for people on the go who need a plan easy to stick to wherever they are.
- 60-day money back guarantee. Just in case, should something be deemed not satisfactory, Adaptive Body Boost comes with a refund policy.
- Not suitable for everyone. The emphasis on fats as a source for energy and to jump-start the ketosis process calls for caution, if you think you have a medical condition. Check with your doctor first.
- No physical version available as of now. Those who like good old fashioned DVDs are out of luck.
The Adaptive Body Boost by Thomas DeLauer is a solid and simple plan for sustainable fat loss designed for busy people who need an easy to follow blueprint.
It does not requires complicated steps but gives simple nutritional guidelines on how and what to eat, wherever you are. The fat burning principle of the plan is based on ketosis, utilizing fats as a prime source for energy and forcing your body to use your own fat storage for this to happen.
This plan was designed by a successful author with plenty of credentials and testimonials to his credit, having helped scores of clients achieve their goals.
However, the strong bias towards fats also calls for caution and if you have a condition it is advisable to consult your doctor before considering this plan.