This review will take you inside the program, highlighting what it can do for women and what benefits it offers.
Curvalicious Workout is a ladies’ fitness program that does require commitment and a workout schedule for best results.
Here you will find what the benefits, pros and cons of this program are and who it is suitable for.
Jump To Section
- 1 What Is Curvalicious Workout?
- 2 Curvalicious Workout Strategy
- 3 How Does It Work Exactly?
- 4 The Workouts Reviewed
- 5 Who Is Curvalicious Workouts For?
- 6 Curvalicious Workout Diet
- 7 Curvalicious Workout PDF And Components
- 8 Pros And Cons Of The Program
- 9 The Bottom Line
What Is Curvalicious Workout?
Flavia Del Monte is a certified trainer, nutritionist and registered nurse with years of experience in fitness training who has created a fat burning and muscle building program specifically designed and marketed by a woman for women.
Even though “muscle building” is part of the picture, it is only intended as a moderate increase in muscle mass for a healthy and balanced body tissue composition which, coupled with a decrease in fat deposits, will result in a sexy, feminine and attractive physique.
The focus of the program is on building the right amount of muscle in the right places while generally losing fat. The result will be an attractive and functionally body rather than a skinny looking one.
Curvalicious Workout Strategy
There are is a great emphasis in the program on addressing some of the topics women feel more self conscious about, like booty and shoulders.
This is because the ratio between these two parts alone have a dramatic effect on general proportions and looks in a woman’s body.
A round, firm booty coupled with strong shoulders will instantly transform your physique more than anything else, just like for men.
To achieve this ideal proportion, Flavia devised a MRT (Metabolic Resistance Training) as part of the same program.
The MRT consists of ancillary exercises like lounges, shoulder presses, lat pull down and burpees designed to strengthen your booty and shoulders.
How Does It Work Exactly?
Working out to increase muscle mass is therefore one of the foundations of Flavia’s program.
However, Curvalicious Workouts goes on a a different route than the usual high repetitions, light weight exercises widely perceived as good for “muscle definition”.
On the contrary, the program guidelines rely on a heavy 5/7 repetition range with basic exercises targeting the main muscle groups, scheduled in a weekly split routine.
The workouts are designed to give a post-workout “after burn’ increase in metabolic rate lasting up to 48 hours for sustained fat loss even while resting.
These are the basic foundations of Flavia’s program. She goes to great lengths to explain that a sexy, athletic physique is not the result of just fat loss, but fat loss combined with an increase in muscle mass in the right places.
The Workouts Reviewed
Putting on some muscle is something difficult to digest for some women who have a natural fear of bulking up with weights, ending up doing the opposite of what they should be doing, that is high rep/low weight exercises.
What happens when training with the traditional and outdated high reps method is that muscles achieve growth through an increase in capillaries, sarcoplasm and mitochondria.
In practical terms this translates into puffed up, inflated muscles, the buff type.
With lower repetition sets muscle growth occurs through an increase of the building blocks of muscles, myosin and actin. This means sexy looking, lean muscles.
These muscles do not look inflated, but very dense and solid both at rest and while moving due to an effect called neurogenic tone. Neurogenic tone makes muscles look more defined and athletic in all situations.
Fast Twitch Fibers And Slow Twitch Fibers
Also, low repetition sets stimulate fast twitch fibers, the fibers needed for fast action or great exertion, as in sprinting or fighting.
Only heavy weights and low reps can stimulate fast twitch fiber growth, a quality that gives strength, speed and the appealing neurogenic tone.
So here we go, low reps with progressive overload is the way to go.
Now, this is nothing new, but Flavia goes to great lengths to make this understood to her female audience, eliminating the fear of bulking up too easily and dispelling the myth of burning fat through pointless high repetition sets.
Who Is Curvalicious Workouts For?
Curvalicious Workout is suitable for women who do not just want to lose fat but rather re-shape their bodies with a strategic increase in lean muscle in the right places coupled with general body fat loss in order to achieve a lean, sexy and athletic look.
It is suitable for women who are prepared to workout and stick to a schedule, as it is not just diet loss plan but a complete female fitness program that implies working out and being disciplined.
Curvalicious Workout Diet
Most programs come with calorie counting software and with robot-like meal planning, making them look like new NASA projects to space.
Instead, Curvalicious Workouts gives general guidelines without any specific meal plan or robotic schedule. This approach has worked very well for Flavia Del Monte without the need to obsess over each and every calorie.
In addition to the nutritional manual, there is also a bonus diet blueprint specific for abs because, she believes, abs are still widely recognized by all as the benchmark of fitness and sex appeal.
A low fat tummy is also strictly related to good health. The blueprint offers general guidelines on protein, carb and fiber intake to be customized to your own bodyweight, without fussing over planning and calorie counting.
Curvalicious Workout PDF And Components
It consists of PDF manuals AND high quality online demonstration videos to better illustrate the exercises.
Here is the PDF Breakdown:
- The main workout PDF manual with all the information on training for beginners, intermediates and advanced, both at the gym and at home.
- The nutritional manual. An easy and down to earth approach to nutrition for the trainee that has worked very well for Flavia too.
Here is the Online Videos Breakdown:
- Video 1: the Lucious Legs video describing the best toning exercises for amazing legs, like squats and lunges kick-butt but also clever moves and techniques to challenge and stimulate the muscles and avoid plateaus.
- Video 2: The Tummy Tightener video revealing the best techniques to get a low fat tummy. A low fat stomach is not just sexy and healthy but also functional, as the abs act as a pivot between the high and the low part of the body, ensuring better athletic performance and general posture.
- Video 3: Amazing Arms. Arms are generally fast twitch muscles. Biceps and triceps respond well to training, providing that the exercises are performed with proper form with the correct weight as shown in the video, not throwing up in bad form excessive weights that do nothing for building muscle.
- Video 4: Better Back and Strong Shoulders. This video shows how to develop strong shoulders and a strong back. Nice, round deltoids improve the waist to shoulder ratio, giving a better proportion and and a V shape athletic body, while a strong back gives better posture to complement strong shoulders. What Flavia is talking about is not cannonball style Hulk deltoids, but round, strong and feminine shoulders to make a woman look good on the beach or in a party dress.
- Video 5: Bombshell Booty. Last but not least, todays’s benchmark of a woman fitness, the booty. The video shows all the movement varieties and heavy weights necessary to develop a fabulous “shelf”.
- Videos 6: The Online Home Gym Workout Videos describing how to perform the gym exercises described above (1 to 5) at home with basic equipment.
In addition you get:
- Printable Workout Sheets and exercise description with pictures.
- A supplement guide, should you want to use some of the supplements suggested by Flavia, though they are absolutely NOT mandatory.
- The pre-program check list to make sure you are ready for the workouts and have memorized all you have to do for more effective workouts.
- A Dynamic Warm Up and Stretching Guide Video, describing moves and techniques to promote healing between workouts.
- The Step by Step Specific Abs Diet. Flavia believes that “a firm belly is the single most significant step anyone can take to stay healthy for life“.
Pros And Cons Of The Program
- High quality training and nutritional program based on real life results, including Flavia DelMonte’s own results as showcased here by her own pictures.
- Specifically developed by a woman for women. The program is the end result of Flavia personal quest to achieve a sexy, feminine and athletic physique. She knows what works and what does not.
- High quality videos demonstrating what cannot be conveyed with words. The videos actually come with overlays telling exactly how many reps or sets you should use and what weight.
- Flexible. It can be implemented at a gym or at home, depending on your personal preferences or circumstances.
- Effective. By all accounts, Curvalicious Workout is a solid, real life program that is simple in its layout but not easy. It requires dedication and the implementation of heavy, low repetition exercises.
- Nutritional guidelines are just that, not a robotic meal planning schedule with hyper strict and super complicated calorie counting. Flavia gives you indications on carbs, proteins and the rest, and you customize it to your own body weight.
- Some exercises are a bit more challenging than some beginners may be able to deal with, as they require a period of learning.
- The program involves a 5 day a week split routine, one session per body part. So it requires some dedication, albeit the sessions last only 45 minutes each.
The Bottom Line
Flavia Del Monte’s Curvalicious Workout is a program developed by a woman for women.
It dispels the myth of light weight, high repetition exercises for fat loss and muscle definition and instead it advocates heavy weight, low repetition exercises designed to increase lean muscle mass in the right places while reducing body fat.
This approach, combined with proper diet, results in a more balanced body composition, which in turn translates into a lean, sexy and curvy body.