The 21 Day Sugar Detox is much more than simply a diet plan to lose weight. It is a comprehensive blueprint to completely reset your eating habits and defeat your sugar and carbs dependency for energy, eliminating spiky insulin and low energy levels.
As such, it is indicated to virtually anyone hooked on an unhealthy, sugar-rich modern diet responsible for all types of problems like extra weight, obesity and diabetes.
The blueprint is 100% gluten-free and soy-free and is suitable to virtually anyone but vegans or strict vegetarians. It can be very useful for people affected by diabetes and can also be adjusted to suit different diets like pescetarians, lacto-ovo pescetarians, or peculiar figures like athletes or pregnant and breastfeeding moms.
This review will cover all the aspects of Diane Sanfilippo’s program with its pros and cons.
Diane Sanfilippo’s Credentials
Diane Sanfilippo is very much real. She has an impressive CV and online presence that easily mark her as a prime authority in the nutrition department.
She is a Certified Nutrition Consultant and Holistic nutritionist specialized in holistic nutrition, paleo and evolutionary nutrition, diet, health, lifestyle, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and soy-free eating.
Her formal qualifications are just as impressive:
- Bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University
- Holistic Nutrition Consultant Certification from Bauman College in Berkeley, CA,
- CHEK Institute Holistic Lifestyle Coach Certification
- Poliquin BioSignature Modulation Certification
She is also New York Times best-selling author of Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox reviewed here and also an entrepreneur. She runs her own website http://balancedbites.com/ and has an vast online presence with different accounts @ Linkedin, FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
Without a doubt, she has one of the most impressive credentials and experience in the field of nutrition that you may come across. That’s an excellent start and a guarantee for the validity of her program.
What Is The 21 Day Sugar Detox All About?
To do so, the 3 week plan is based on wholesome, non-processed foods with detailed lists on the approved and unapproved foods. The blueprint caters for 3 different levels, but it is not compulsory to reach the top level for the program to be successful.
This is not like a traditional diet plan based just on calorie deficit, but a whole system with clear instructions on your shopping list plus ready-made recipes that you can implement at home.
The recipes are designed to be very tasty and nutritious but geared towards reducing carbs and sugars in a sensible way so as to break you free from dependency.
The plan is flexible enough to accommodate the needs of athletes, pregnant women, breast feeding mums, kids and families, diabetics and people who are already following a different diet like paleo/primal diet or pescetarians.
There are additional customization manuals in the plan to cater for these people with peculiar needs, however the 21 Day Sugar Detox is not suitable for strict vegetarians or vegans.
Who Can Benefit From The 21 Day Sugar Detox?
Generally speaking, the nutritional guidelines, foods and recipes are as good as they can get, they are safe for anyone, adults and children, bearing in mind that if you have a condition such as diabetes, it may be better for you to cross check the plan with your physician to work out your customized requirements according to your personal situation.
The bottom line is that the vast majority of people can benefit from this program, most people hooked on a modern style diet with too much sugars, carbs, processed foods and cravings.
What Are The 21 Day Sugar Detox Components?
The program offers pricing flexibility in that it comes in 3 different packages: Basic, Plus and Premium.
All of the 3 packages share the same basic digital components, but the Plus and the Premium versions also offer additional hard copies, one book for the Plus version and two books for the Premium version.
All the packages include free lifetime updates, if and when they do occur. Here is a break down of the digital part of the program which is the common part to all the 3 versions:
Basic Package Digital Components:
- A Quick Start Diet eBook – an 80-page guide to get you started immediately with all the basics of the program, FAQs, food lists and 20 detox recipes.
- A Modification Guide eBooks – these are really a set of 5 different manuals to accommodate for the different needs of pescetarians, people with autoimmune conditions, athletes, breast feeding mums, or kids and families.
- An Audio Support Series MP3 – 23-day, 15/20 minute MP3 recordings to listen to while busy and guide you along the program each day, so you know what to do next.
- Daily Detox Emails – useful daily support with tips, recipes and motivational suggestions.
- Online Members’ Support – a very important aspect missing in many programs. With this social community you are not on your own.
- An “After The Detox Guide” – a blueprint to help you switch back to some regular foods [and only some] and help you avoid relapsing.
In addition to the Basic Package digital components, the Plus and Premium packages also include:
Regardless of which version, the digital components are always there for easy reference from your PC, smartphone or tablet after you download them.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of The Program?
- Super-qualified and very authoritative program creator. Diane Sanfilippo is a powerhouse in the nutritional field.
- Complete detox, weight loss and recipe program in one package.
- Suitable for the majority of people hooked on sugar, carbs and cravings.
- Flexible program easy to implement for people already on a different diet, like paleo or pescetarian.
- Though not a program meant to cure conditions like type 2 diabetes, it provides a healthy nutritional blueprint to improve your health, but you must check with your doctor for advice first. [see medical disclaimer]
- Convenient digital format accessible from your mobile device immediately upon purchase.
- Optional Plus and Premium versions for those who like good old fashioned hard copies in addition to the standard eBooks.
- Money Back Guarantee.
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
The Bottom Line
The 21 Day Sugar Detox program is a no nonsense, fully comprehensive detox, weight loss and recipe blueprint suitable for most people who are over weight, hooked on sugars and with unhealthy eating habits.
Through the use of wholesome foods it helps you break the vicious, self fueling circle of carbs dependency, stabilizing energy and insulin levels.
As such, it may be of interest to people suffering from type 2 diabetes, providing that they consult their doctor to cross-check the program with their personal situation.
It is also very flexible to be adjusted to the peculiar nutritional needs of breast feeding mums, athletes, people on paleo or pescetarian diet and just about anyone except full vegetarians or vegans.
Last but not least, it is the result of the compound knowledge and experience of a top nutritional author.