VFX Body is a women-only program designed for permanent fat loss through workout and nutritional plans.
The system offers a blueprint to reset your BMI, or body mass index, in order to reshape your body into a fit, lean and feminine physique.
This review will turn this program inside out with its pros and cons so that you can have an informed opinion about it.
Jump To Section
- 1 What Is The VFX Body?
- 2 Who Is The Author?
- 3 Who Is VFX Body Suitable For?
- 4 How Does VFX Body Work?
- 5 VFX Virtual Nutritionist Phase
- 6 The VFX Nutritional Program Manual
- 7 The VFX Workout Video Library
- 8 The VFX Workout Routines
- 9 The VFX Body Immersion Community
- 10 Is This Weight Loss Plan Effective?
- 11 What Makes the VFX Body Different From Other Programs?
- 12 What’s In The Program?
- 13 What Are The Program Formats?
- 14 Program Pros And Cons
- 15 VFX Body Review Bottom Line
- 16 Similar Posts
What Is The VFX Body?
VFX stands for “visual effects”, a idiom taken from the Hollywood and film making industry to indicate the focus of the program on delivering a visually appealing physique, a fit, toned and feminine body.
The focus of the program is not just on mere weight loss, rather on reshaping your whole body to a svelte figure by re-adjusting your BMI (body mass index, or fat to muscle ratio).
The system itself is designed to work on the initial 12 week diet plan stand alone, which is also the foundation upon which you can implement the 12 week workout plan to really kick in your metabolism into overdrive and reshape your body, rather than just being happy with reduced body fat.
Who Is The Author?
VFX Body is the creation of John Barban, a best selling weight loss author and fitness expert with a degree in Nutrition and Human Biology from the University of Guelph and additional studies at the University of Florida, where he was a teacher in Health and Human performance.
He also has worked in the supplement industry but found his vocation in researching and developing workout and diet programs, mainly focusing on female weight loss with plans backed up by real life results and scientific evidence.
The VFX fat loss system for female weight management was born out of necessity in order to reflect women’s different response to diet and exercise than men’s and create a specific program for them.
Who Is VFX Body Suitable For?
VFX Body is a program designed for women from all walks of life, from busy mums to business professionals, without the need for pills, powders or potions. It is suitable for women who want to take up a healthy life style rather than find a quick-fix answer before a beach vacation.
While the core of the program is based on nutritional guidelines, there is also an optional workout section that is not mandatory but highly recommended. Even so, the workout exercises do not require a gym membership, unless you want to, as all the exercises can be done from the comfort of home by following John Barban’s video coaching lessons from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
Custom nutritional software, meal planning and workout videos are provided as part of a 4 phase plan that VFX uses to help women succeed in their weight loss journey.
The best part of this program is that it is fully customizable with vast choice of meal plan selections to pick from to satisfy your daily calorie needs as you go along, with all the guess work left out from the planning.
As you lose fat, the software recalculates your daily requirements, giving you extra meal plans to choose from. This means that the program is fully flexible in order to optimize female metabolism, promote natural fat loss and fit into your lifestyle and preferences. The diet and exercise strategies are customizable based on personal measurements, fitness levels and food preferences for optimal results.
VFX Body is in fact a digital product that can be accessed to online immediately upon purchase, however the author also offers the option of a physical version at the same price plus shipping costs.
How Does VFX Body Work?
The program includes a Fat Loss foundation plus an optional Workout section for moderate muscle building or toning and is divided into 4 phases like this:
VFX Virtual Nutritionist Phase
This is a custom nutritional software designed to maximize fat loss. The idea behind it is that different women have a different way to burn fat depending on their personal circumstances, so the VFX Body program customizes these different needs with the help of this application.
With few inputs it tells you exactly what you should eat depending on you height, body fat, shoulder width, and waist to height ratio.
The Virtual Nutritionist software is set up to calculate your weekly calorie intake based on few key inputs. These are:
- Your Height
- Your Weight
- Your Waist Size
- Your Shoulder Circumference
- Your Age
- Your Daily Exercise Time
The application then runs its own algorithm and works out 2 different daily calorie intakes for the week, one for weight loss, one for maintenance.
The weight loss days make up the bulk of the plan and are simply based on the lowest and safest calorie deficit your body can keep up with by cutting down on your balance caloric needs. The weight loss days are the foundation of the of the diet, however flexible, and they go hand in hand with the maintenance days.
The maintenance days are in place to prevent hormonal unbalance and prevent you from falling into crash-diet territory. They imply a higher calorie intake and are a welcome psychological rest from the weight loss days and a shield against bingeing, preparing you for the next weight loss days cycle.
Ideally, the Virtual Nutritionist should be used only at the start of each week. Further re-calculations would unnecessarily complicate the cycles, as your body weight naturally fluctuates from day to day due to water retention or diuresis. Calorie intake is a long term task and weight loss should be monitored weekly and monthly, not daily.
Just like in economic charts, a weight loss chart does not show like a straight line, but a series of ups and downs through the days and a long term trend through the months. The software calculates your weekly meal plan and even what your daily protein intake should be, this is especially useful if you follow the workout part of the program as well, since the basic weight loss part can be implemented stand alone, without exercising.
However, daily body weight fluctuations are normal, and you should not make yourself sick with worry if one day you weigh-in more than the previous one, as this may be the result of temporary water retention. Hence avoid checking the Virtual Nutritionist every day but use it only once a week together with your weigh-in to check whether you are on track.
When you type in your data, input your height, then your weight, your waist and shoulders girdle with a tape plus any optional weekly total workout time. Click on the “calculate” button and the application will give you a range of target measurements to aim to, the best you can look for. That’s for the long term goal.
The VFX Virtual Nutritionist also tells you how to get there, providing you with you daily calorie intake both for weight loss and for maintenance, as described above. A very good point is that as you lose fat, the Virtual Nutritionist recalculates your calorie needs, which means you can actually eat more as you drop weight in line with the “reverse taper” principle: the fatter you are, the less you must eat, the slimmer you get, the more you can eat until you reach a balance maintenance point.
The VFX Nutritional Program Manual
This is a PDF manual designed to go hand in hand with the Virtial Nutritionist application and together make up the fat loss part of the program.
The book explains how body composition is critical in determining how your body looks, rather than just focusing on body weight. The key is to achieve a low body fat with a moderate amount of muscle in the right places for an aesthetically pleasing and functional physique.
John Barban’s PDF goes to great lengths in listing which foods should be avoided like the plague to prevent storing fat in the first place. Not surprisingly, these are the usual culprits like refined sugars, too many carbohydrates, sweet sodas, alcohol and the likes.
The manual explains the importance of Basic Metabolic Rate as the foundation on which to structure your calorie regime, as this varies depending on weight and height, then the charts provided work out for you how many calories you need per day and how much you should eat.
More importantly, the diet approach also takes also into account one’s body limited ability to sustain a great calorie deficit for extended periods of time and is designed with a reverse calorie strategy to avoid muscle depletion.
What happens is that at the start of a diet, with a high percentage of fat tissue, your body has a greater ability to handle a more drastic calorie deficit. However, as you go along and start getting leaner, with less body fat but still the same amount of muscle tissue, you should start increasing your calorie intake progressively to reflect your body diminished ability to cope with a drastic calorie deficit.
The VFX Body nutritional part is organized in a 12 week cycle structure and goes hand in hand with the use of the Virtual Nutritionist Software laser target your calories, meals and meal times. The 12 weeks are in turn broken down in 2 week mini cycles for a total of 6 mini cycles.
Each mini cycle is different from the others, constantly switching calorie intake and food composition, from low calorie to higher calorie and vice versa, and from carbohydrates to fats and vice versa. The meal plans section of the manual is highly detailed and leaves nothing to chance. There are 10 different meal plans calculated for each daily total calorie intake plan, which is then split into 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks per day.
This means that you first find out what is your total calorie daily requirement with the help of the book and the application, then you have 10 different meal plans to choose from for your daily calorie requirements. We have to say that the VFX diet leaves no room for error and prevents boredom in the meal planning department.
The VFX Workout Video Library
Diet alone if properly implemented in a regular, progressive way can help you achieve great results. In addition, after you lost fat by following the program guidelines, you can throw in working out to maximize your results, improving your body composition, appearance and functionality by adding a moderate amount of lean, sexy muscle in the right places.
A little extra muscle has the added bonus of naturally increasing your basic metabolic rate even while at rest, helping you burn unnecessary fat even more.
The VFX Workout Routines
The workout program is the natural complement to the 12 week diet program and it offers an extra edge to women who really want to go all the way in reshaping their body composition and appearance. This part of the program is very flexible, you can exercises at home with basic tools like barbells and dumbbells, or just a bench and a mat, starting from just 1 set per exercise and increasing upward to your levels of fitness.
All the information is included in the workout PDF manual, and in case you need clarifications on the execution of the exercises, the programs also offers access to 143 videos to leave no room for error. This is a big plus bonus. Knowing how to correctly perform the exercises is paramount to prevent injury and to guarantee effective workouts and results.
In any case, regardless of workout volume, this 12 week program is in turn split into 3 cycles of 4 weeks each in order to prevent stagnation and stimulate growth of lean muscle. In our opinion, working out should be always part of a fitness regime because it helps boost metabolism and improve body tissue composition, increasing lean muscle and helping burn fat even more, maximizing results after having lost most of your body fat first.
These routines are high intensity workouts and similar to body weight circuits. Here is a sample list:
- Bowler Squat
- Push Ups
- Lateral Raises
- Dumbbell Rows
- Side Planks
- Curtsy Lunges
- Step Up And Press
An emphasis is put on strict execution in order to prevent injury. A sloppy execution may lead to poor results at best or injury at worst. Each workout requires different exercises as explained by charts detailing every single workout and how to perform it, number of repetitions, sets and resting times.
Another good point of these workout routines is that they can be performed at home, so you do not need a gym membership, unless you prefer to do so. It works both ways. The basic cycle is then followed by a “Final Phase’ to cap and finish off the previous hard work for best results.
While not compulsory, we think that the workout routines help boost metabolism and speed up the fat burning process, hence fat loss, aside for the benefits to your general health. The plan in very well laid out and easy to reference at the tap of the screen, even if you workout in a gym, as the online website and videos are compatible with all mobile devices. You can also go back to the PDF manual for further clarifications.
The VFX Body Immersion Community
John Barban’s program offers a handy social community called Immersion. This is a very popular extra social hub for all the VFX Body members offering nutrition software, personalized workouts, additional coaching, podcasts, trackers, elite community areas and mobile applications.
Here participants are encouraged to show their results, give suggestions and tips to other members and help each other with descriptions of their achievements and podcasts of their stories.
The community is a key factor for the success of the VFX Body program because it promotes support and sense of belonging while keeping members accountable for their progress in a friendly way.
The VFX Immersion community is designed to keep its members focused on losing fat, building some muscle and reshaping their bodies, keeping them motivated and preventing from falling behind or dropping out.
It does so with the help of advanced skills designed to achieve maximum fat loss in the shortest possible time, learning topics like metabolic flexibility, the afterburn effect, the starvation mode, skipping breakfast, the reality behind supplements, the truth about the twinkie diet, understanding research claims.
In the VFX Immersion you can also find tools like:
- Uncensored podcasts
- Bi-weekly (recorded) coaching by John Barban
- Workout of the month (to avoid staleness)
- Natural Standard supplement database to know what works (few) and what does not (most)
Is This Weight Loss Plan Effective?
The VFX Body is a down to earth and well structured system that is the result of years of experience and knowledge by nutrition and workout expert John Barban. Over the years it has already helped thousands of women to reach their goals with solid nutritional and workout guidelines.
Building a little extra muscle where needed or simply working out also helps increase basic metabolic rate and burn extra calories even while resting, helping you keep the fat off.
What Makes the VFX Body Different From Other Programs?
Here are the original points that we liked:
- Uniqueness – What is unique of this program is that it is completely customizable and flexible to suit any woman’s needs and personal circumstances.
- Diet Management – The nutrition part is very well laid out. It goes in great details on how to manage your diet plans, how many calories, which foods to eat and which ones to avoid like the plague, even some alleged healthy foods.
- Easy Workout Implementation – The videos are excellent. No need to join a gym, unless you want to, you only need basic equipment. It is also very flexible because you can perform anything from one to more sets per exercise, depending of your fitness levels and goals.
- Software Accuracy – It leaves all the guesswork out. The VFX Body offers its own gizmo to calculate the calories you need depending on your weight and body proportions.
- Social Element– The social part of this program is very helpful. It is one thing following a program on your own without reference, another in the company of other women with the very same weight loss issue. Support and friendly competition can make the difference between modest and outstanding results.
Here are the points that We did not like:
- Confusing layout. There is a ton of information and many parts of the program are highly detailed and helpful for sure, but sometimes the information jumps from one topic to another and you can lose track of where you are.
What’s In The Program?
A quick overview on the VFX Body components:
- VFX Fat Loss System – A PDF manual with all the information on diet protocol, food menu, meal plans, calories and the rate of weight loss.
- VFX Fat Burning And Muscle Toning Workout – A PDF manual with all exercises and workout cycles explained.
- VFX Workout Videos – 143 exercise demonstrations for better implementation.
- VFX Virtual Nutritionist – An application that calculates calories and projected body measurements to a very high level of accuracy.
- VFX Immersion- A social community for help and feedback.
What Are The Program Formats?
- Digital – The program offers PDF downloads, online videos, online login community and software, it is compatible with all devices, desktops, notebooks/laptops, iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and tablets and it is instantly available upon $37 payment all inclusive.
- Physical – The program is delivered to your door at the same price ($37) plus handling and shipping costs. Also you get the digital version for free immediately while you wait for delivery of the physical item.
Program Pros And Cons
- Progressive approach to losing fat – lose just fat, not muscle. This is very important.
- Helpful online Immersion Community to help you stay focused while being encouraged and supported.
- Flexible workout program – It can be implemented at home or at a gym.
- Online workout videos to explain in detail what words or pictures alone cannot.
- Good, solid nutritional plan with all the foods to avoid and to eat.
- Instant download and accessibility anywhere you live – no shipping required.
- Physical Format also available – Same price as digital plus handling and shipping.
- Last but not least – 60 day money back guarantee.
- Disorganized manual information – Make no mistake, there is plenty of solid, helpful information but sometimes it goes from one topic to the next without fully exhausting one first.
- Not a quick fix – It requires discipline, time and dedication. So if you are looking for a dramatic fat loss in 2 week time just before your beach vacation, this is not for you.
VFX Body Review Bottom Line
Unlike other programs on weight loss, the VFX Body goal is reducing fat tissue in order to achieve a better body composition and body shape. It also gives blueprints and layouts for dieting and exercising.
However, the VFX Body is not a quick fix and it requires commitment for optimal results. It has been successfully used by thousands of women and boasts of a large catalogue of satisfied customers.
It is based on a sound diet and workout protocol with the addition of helpful applications, videos and community for optimal results.
The uniqueness of this program revolves around total flexibility in order to optimize women’s fat burning capabilities. This key factor coupled with the sound nutritional protocol and the other components makes the VFX Body an effective diet, fat loss fitness program for women, providing you stick to the plan for long enough .